The Community Library is seeking interns for a Teen Advisory Group (TAG). The first task will be supporting the Winter Read—a community-wide program to promote literacy by inviting everyone to read a book and talk about it. (This year’s pick is Sabrina & Corina: Stories by Kali Fajardo-Anstine.) Following the Winter read, teens will recommend, plan, and lead programs to be offered to their peers or youth.
Interns will be paid $14/hour. Teens will work up to 5 hours per week in January – March and then up to 10 hours per month April – June. Up to five teens will be selected. Spanish language skills encouraged but not required.
Responsibilities May Include
- Plan and publicize the Winter Read kickoff event (February 2, 2023); Coordinate giveaway prizes
- Introduce guest speakers and/or provide book recommendations at programs
- Help with audience Q&A for programs
- Co-lead a program in conversation with a guest speaker
- Lead or co-lead public book discussions
- Develop community feedback activities for Library patrons
- Be a class or club liaison
- Prepare social media posts
After Winter Read ends in mid-March, we will meet twice a month to produce teen programs.
- December 19: Application Deadline
- January: Internship begins
The application period for 2023 TAG Internships has ended. Thank you for your interest. See you next year!